Monday, May 25, 2009

Slap to the face

I have been reading a book lately that has been challenging the way I think and do things.  One of the ideas it presents is this: 
"It is no sin to consider people's feelings, but if you allow feelings to become the primary consideration when making decisions, you are following something other than Christ."
I don't know about you but that knocks the wind out of me.  I guess I always assume that we must do things that will make people feel good.  Sometimes that is not true.  Obedience to Christ is not the result of an opinion poll.  It is a matter of the heart.  If Christ would have obeyed based on how people would feel about what he said and did, he would have been disobedient to God.  We still have a lot to learn!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty simple yet powerful thought. I think too many bad decisions are made when one considers feelings as well.