Thursday, February 3, 2011

New Book, Soul Print by Mark Batterson

Back Cover

I am a big Mark Batterson fan.  I have read all of his books and used materials from each of them for teaching in church.  I love the way his mind processes information and how he is able to clearly communicate old truths in the Bible in a new and refreshing way.

Soul Print takes the story of David and breaks it down into moments that become Soul Prints on Davids life.  Every hardship, every mistake and every victory becomes a building block on which God builds David  into the great king that he becomes.  The author then uses these events to show how God puts his print on our lives through our trials, temptations, struggles, failures, and victory's.  This is by far my favorite book by Mark Batterson.

The only criticism I have is I wish that the publisher would have put on the cover that there is a discussion guide in the back of the book.  I did not discover this until I was halfway through reading the book.  I have to say that once I found the discussion guide and looked at the questions, they brought a new depth of insight and understanding to the book.

Great Book!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am about 1/2 way through this book. It has been a very good read, and have enjoyed it as well.

dburnum