Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Feels like Fall

It was a nice labor day weekend. My parents were here which was nice. I have been noticing a change in the way the days feel lately. Starting to feel like fall. When I took the kids to school this morning I definitely noticed a change in the seasons. I think it is a good parallel to what I sense God is leading us to do this fall. The small groups are starting to form and God has given me a great series of messages that will begin this coming Sunday. One thing I have learned in planning is to never plan ahead of God. Always stay right with God and He will direct your next step. Also, something that is extremely important in planning is to never ever plan so much programming and structure that there isn't room for the spirit to move and cause growth. My desire is to not just be known as a Spirit-led or Spirit-filled church, but to be a Spirit excited church filled with Spirit-aware people!

No comments: